- Sample edit: The Inspector will provide a free sample edit of up to one thousand (1000) words. This is to ensure that the Inspector can verify the type of edit needed, and the Author can verify the Inspector’s ability to read. I mean, to edit, of course.
- Contract: Should you, the Author, choose to engage the services of Inspector Hintz, you will receive a copy of a contract detailing the mutually agreed upon services, price, & turnaround time.
- Payment: Prior to commencement of the investigation, the Author shall receive an Invoice via Paypal for one-half (1/2) of the agreed payment. This must be paid before work begins. The second Invoice with the remainder of the amount will be billed upon completion of the investigation.
- Beta Reading: Please ask if I have time to review your work. I will give you a fair critique, please be prepared. Most authors only cry a little. 😉
- Content Editing: Plot and characters are reviewed for clarity, cliches, consistency, discrepancies, inaccuracies, info dumps, changes in voice, fact-checking, showing vs. telling, pace, word choice & story arc. Very light copy editing included. Content editing includes a written analysis of your manuscript, addressing the above issues. This is the my favorite type of investigation!
- Copy Editing: Refers to grammar, spelling, capitalization, quotation, hyphenation. Checking for clarity and consistency. If necessary, default style guide is Chicago; APA or MLA used upon request. NO content editing (unless otherwise agreed upon).
- Proofreading: Refers to an intense, word-for-word, line-by-line inspection of grammar, spelling, capitalization, hyphenation & quotations. This is your final stop before publishing, and as such includes NO content editing (unless otherwise agreed upon). Your manuscript should have been reviewed by at least one other editor before requesting this service.
- Beta Reading: No charge!
- Content Editing: Due to the involved nature of this type of investigation, prices may vary. A quote will be provided following a Sample Edit. A rough estimate is between .007-.009 cents per word.
- Copy Editing: .004 cents per word.
- Proofreading: I am not accepting new proofreading clients at this time.